In the last few years, the number of people who want to obtain Turkish residence by buying property is increasing. Therefore, in this article, we intend to examine the issues related to obtaining Turkish residence through the purchase of property.
According to the laws of Turkey, any foreign citizen can apply for a temporary or permanent residence in Turkey according to a series of preconditions, and as long as the purchased property is in the possession of the buyer, it is possible to extend the residence.
In addition to the fact that obtaining Turkish residence has many advantages, it also provides the opportunity for many people who want to immigrate to European and American countries. So, if you are also looking to obtain Turkish residence by buying a property, we recommend that you contact the city’s real estate consultants and purchase a property suitable for your conditions.
Conditions for obtaining Turkish residence by buying property
As the title of the article suggests, we want to investigate obtaining Turkish residence through the purchase of property. For this purpose, you can check the available properties in Turkey through real estate sites such as the city real estate site, and then visit the properties you like the most by traveling to Turkey. After you have chosen the property you want. Go through the necessary steps to buy a property and transfer the document to become a property owner in Turkey.
There is no difference between the cities of Turkey to obtain Turkish residence and you can easily acquire the residence of this country by buying property in different cities of Turkey. If you want to live in big and modern cities, we recommend you to buy property in Istanbul , Ankara, Antalya and Izmir. But if you intend to buy a cheap house in a quieter and smaller environment, you can choose your desired property from the smaller cities of Turkey.
Of course, you can contact our consultants to get advice on buying property from different cities in Turkey, so that they can help you choose the right city to buy property.
Of course, when buying a property in Turkey, you should pay attention to the fact that if you are looking to obtain a Turkish passport, invest at least $400,000 in Turkish properties, and if you are looking to obtain a temporary residence in this country, invest at least $75,000 in Turkish properties. do it Now, after you have chosen the desired property according to your purpose, you can take the necessary steps to obtain Turkish residence through the Turkish Immigration Office .
First of all, you must request an appointment to receive residence through the Turkish Immigration Department, and at the time specified by the Immigration Department, go to the office with the required documents and apply for a one-year residence, and after going through the administrative procedures, you will receive this residence. gain.
The minimum capital required to obtain Turkish residence by purchasing a property
Legally, there is no limit on the minimum capital required to buy a property in Turkey, but depending on your goal, this minimum capital required to obtain Turkish residence varies.
Considering that the price of buying a house in Turkey depends on various factors such as city, region, size, new property, property facilities, etc., it is better to first determine how much investment each goal requires.
If you want to acquire the citizenship of this country by buying a property in Turkey, you should know that since June 2022, the minimum capital required to obtain Turkish citizenship has increased from $250,000 to $400,000. In addition, in order to obtain a one-year residence in Turkey, you must invest at least 75 thousand dollars in Turkish properties in order to obtain a temporary residence in this country.
Necessary features to obtain Turkish residence by buying property
According to the laws of Turkey, an important and basic condition for obtaining Turkish residence through the purchase of property has been specified, and that is that six dongs of the property must be in the name of the applicant or jointly with a document of three dongs and three dongs in the name of two. be one of the family members so that you can apply for Turkish residence by buying a property.
Residence in Turkey by purchasing property and family members of the applicant
One of the questions that arise for a large number of applicants to purchase property in Turkey is whether it is possible to obtain Turkish residence for the members of the applicant by purchasing property in Turkey.
The answer to this question is yes, by buying a property in Turkey, you can get Turkish residency for yourself, your spouse and children under 18 years old. If you have children over 18 years of age, Turkish residence will not be granted to them through your property purchase. In this case, it is better to share your child over 18 years old with you in the deed when buying a property in Turkey, so that they will also be granted Turkish residence.
Do we need to open a bank account to obtain Turkish residence by buying a property?
There is no need to open an account to obtain Turkish residence by buying a property, and you can buy a property without opening a bank account through a trusted lawyer. Of course, our advice is to open an account for yourself because a bank account is required to receive a tax number, and at the same time, having a bank account for yourself and transferring the property purchase amount through your own account is a safe method.
Is it possible to rent the purchased property?
Yes, after buying a property in Turkey, you can rent it out, and considering that the rental rate in Turkey is higher than in Iran, this will bring you a high profit.
Considering the conditions of buying a property in Turkey and the possibility of renting it, it can be clearly stated that by buying a property in Turkey, you can enjoy the rental profit with the best rate of return on investment.
So as long as the property purchased in Turkey is in your name, you can obtain Turkish residence through it and enjoy the rental profit by renting it out.
Procedures for buying property in Turkey and obtaining residence
If you want to acquire a residence in this country by buying a property in Turkey. There are a series of steps that we will name for you below:
- travel to Turkey
- Visiting different properties and choosing the property you want
- Property expertise and pricing by a municipal expert
Note that there is not much difference between the pricing of the municipal expert and the real price of the property, and this difference is below ten percent. Therefore, this work is for the benefit of the buyers and the sellers cannot offer unreasonable prices for the purchase of the property. Of course, note that the price determined by the expert will be recorded in the document.
- Advance payment for the purchase of property by the buyer to the account of the property seller
- The agent of the real estate agency goes to the registry office in Turkey and starts the process of transferring the property
- Deposit the rest of the property money on the transfer day
- Receive the document in less than a week
- Go to the Turkish Immigration Office and get an interview appointment
- Go to the immigration office with the necessary documents and obtain Turkish residence
- Receive a one-year Turkish residence at your place of residence in Turkey
You can contact the city’s real estate legal expert for legal advice and get the necessary legal advice from them in the field of buying property in Turkey and obtaining residency in this country.
Costs of obtaining Turkish residence by purchasing property
- The cost of notarizing a copy of each passport is 200 liras.
- 2 to 3 percent of the total amount of the property for the transfer fee
- Payment of municipal taxes in the amount of 2-3% of the property amount
- The company’s commission payment is between 3 and 5 percent of the purchased property amount
- Payment of soil money in the amount of 80 dollars and 89 liras per person
- Paying the insurance fee between 300 and 800 liras per person
Is it possible to convert one-year temporary residence to permanent residence?
Yes, as long as the deed property is in your name, it is possible to extend the temporary stay. Of course, the conditions for obtaining a Turkish passport through temporary residence include a series of conditions that are listed below:
- Extension of temporary residence for five years
- You must stay in Turkey for at least 11 months every year
- After receiving permanent residence, you must stay in Turkey for at least 11 months every year for three years in order to obtain Turkish citizenship.
It should be noted that in order to obtain a temporary residence in Turkey, you do not need to stay for a long time in this country, but if you want to obtain a permanent residence in this country, you must stay in this country for at least eleven months a year.
What are the conditions of the right to work for recipients of temporary residence in this country?
Every person who succeeds in obtaining a temporary residence in Turkey must obtain a work permit from the Department of Labor and Social Affairs in order to work.
There are two ways to obtain a work permit, which are:
- Official employment by a Turkish-speaking employer and receiving monthly insurance and providing proof of employment to obtain a work permit
- Register the company in Turkey and refer to the Department of Labor and Social Affairs to obtain a work permit
Necessary documents to obtain Turkish residence by purchasing a property
- Notarized copy of passport
- Providing an official translation of the birth certificate
- Providing an official translation of the marriage certificate
- Providing the document of the purchased property
- Complete the application form
- Four pieces of photos up to date three by four
- One year insurance premium payment
Conditions for extending Turkish residence by purchasing a property
If you want to extend your stay in Turkey after buying, you must meet several preconditions, which are:
- Verification of ownership of the purchased property
- A minimum stay of two weeks in Turkey each year
- Not committing criminal offenses in Turkey and Iran
If you also want to acquire a temporary residence in Turkey by buying a property, our recommendation is to check the properties available on the CityRealty real estate site, and after a complete check, you can contact our consultants in Istanbul and arrange a time to visit Determine the property. We are with you from Istanbul airport so that you can easily buy all the property you want and apply for Turkish residence.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does it take to register a document?
- Approximately one working week after final payment
2. Can we get a Turkish passport by buying the property in installments?
- Yes, provided that we have paid an amount of about 250 thousand dollars of the cost of the property.
3. What are the side costs of buying property?
- Payment of 2% of document transfer fee, expertise fee, 1% tax, annual tax fee